Friday, October 26, 2012

Pinterest {one}

I love to browse Pinterest for ideas. Anything from beauty, projects for the boys, dream home (that we all know will never be owned), down to recipes.

I am no Paula Deen y'all. I can't cook worth a dime. That's what Chef Hubby is for, didn't you know? Lucky for me I got a crock pot as a wedding gift. Lemme just say that is a total must for everyone to have in their home. I don't know how I have gone so many years without one.

So, I came across a recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup in the crock pot and immediately hit REPIN. I will share the recipe but I can't take credit guys. Great recipes here

Seriously, this recipe is so easy that anyone with a brain can make it. 

What You'll Need:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 10oz cans of Ro-Tel (I tried Lime & Cilantro)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn
1 onion, chopped
2 14.5oz cans low-sodium chicken broth
1-2 cups of water
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning

Top it off with:

tortilla chips
sour cream
Mexican blend cheese
fresh cilantro 

Are you ready for the easiness of this? Chop your onions. I have to admit I was excited to use my KitchenAid Chopper because this was probably one of 3 times. 

(yep, told you I was too excited.)

Then just add in all of the canned goods, water, and seasoning. 



Put your chicken in and make sure it is almost submerged in everything you have in your pot. Cover and cook on high 6-7 hours or low for 8-9 hours. Luckily my chicken shredded itself for the most part. If it doesn't, just take it out and shred it yourself and throw it back in. Grab yourself a bowl, I suggest a big one, and scoop some of this deliciousness in it. Top it off with your favorite toppings and dig in. Fresh cilantro made mine extra tasty.

Here is my bowl:


Let me just say that my husband is NOT a fan of leftovers and it's like getting a cat in water to make him eat any. Not this dish! Ladies, he ate on it for 2-3 days. We definitely decided to add this to our meal list. A must try and nothing better on a cool fall or winter day. 

Overall review: 10/10. Thank you, Pinterest.


No comments: